Sunday, 16 August 2009

Religion. Society. And an Open Mind

It is becoming quite difficult to find a balance between the three. I might not be very religious nor abide by the norms of society or open minded to an extreme extent but trying to keep within limits with all three is getting quite exhausting.

Honestly I don't give a flying fuck about society but that doesn't mean I don't respect it. I don't like to behave in a manner that goes against the society I am in, where ever I am. Open mind is a bitch to have because there are various things I perceive as acceptable yet are frowned upon by society and forbidden by religion. Religion is a tough one, I fear God a lot and try my best to follow it as much as I can yet at times I stray.

The three clash especially the open mind thingy. Honestly its a struggle I try to maintain all three but at times I can get a tad open minded and that becomes a problem. Sometimes I say to hell with it all and I'll just do as I please then comes in guilt of going against religion and really it is very difficult to satisfy the latter.. So yaa it aint so easy..

8 comments:

Anony said...

Yeah not easy

R.. said...

@@ !!

Aurous said...

it's quite difficult! :S

Squirreliya said...

oh it is not east at all


miss you and ur blog ;p

No identity.. said...

Indeed, I feel the same and I try to balance all the time and for sure it's not easy job to do…

desertpalms said...

I guess it's all about compromise between them to achieve a balance..

Captivated said...

I had a fight with a friend over this subject.. Personally, i never actually stray from the norms.. But theoretically, I'm very open minded.. Open minded mo ya3ne free.. bss enna i'm never judgemental. I always try to see things from other ppls' points of view, whether they're WAYED dayneen, or WAYED free. Mn na7yat deen, we can't argue about it... Society however, You can respect it and abide by the rules, bss 9ara7a sa3at to9al mar7ala eli the hell with it KAIFI! I wanna do this okay? oo then later on.. for some reason ull regret it. It sucks! Chan zain ppl just mind their own business.

Adre garagt wayed oo yemken i didn't make sense lol

falantan said...

fearing God is the best way imho.

and you're very right that today's norms do not go very well with God's norms. which puts us all in a tough situation.

1st thing is: just you saying that it's a "tough" situation, is a very good sign. it means that you care alot about what Allah wishes us to behave like.

That said, its simple to take the next step which is choosing between what Allah says and what anyone else says (including your own whims).

And no one ever said its supposed to be easy:

يقول الله تعالى : " الم. أحسب الناس أن يتركوا أن يقولوا آمنا وهم لايُفتنون . ولقد فتنا الذين من قبلهم فليعلمن الله الذين صدقوا وليعلمن الكاذبين"