Monday, 24 December 2007

Je ne parle pas Francais!

I'm doomed!! I'm going to Paris in a week's time and I don't speak a word of their freaking language, even though been there from before. I've taken French back in high school and I sucked at it BIG TIME! It was those flipping verbs that just didn't get thru my brain.. Why in god's name would you have 12 different words for 1 word!?! Since I finished school I made a promise to myself that I would learn French one day (need I point out that I haven't kept my promise), I finished uni and kept on saying I'll learn soon ....... almost done with my Masters (still no flipping FRENCH)..

See I can understand a tiny winy bit but just putting a sentance together is quite impossible :( You know what am gonna stick to English and if the twats don't understand me thn screw it I'll swear at them in Arabic! (Excuse my french ..)

OH MON DIEU !!

9 comments:

1001 Nights said...

LOL I wouldnt swear in Arabic if I were you there's a LOT of French people of Arab origin so they just might understand your little insults.

SpiKeY said...

oh ...oui oui...ok let me stop here :P..


well good luck then :)

Lala* said...

Paris *sigh*, lucky you!

FourMe said...

1001 nights: ya i know all those algerians and tunisians.. but thn how can one communicate with the parisians if you don't insult them:P ma7ibhom ma7ibhoooom

spikey: oh Non NOn .. thanx:)

lala*: mako lucky me shakla baroo7 an6ag w arid :P

This Lady said...

Tara its ok.. Many French ppl speak English nowadays. Especially in Paris coz its a well-known city. I was there recently, and I tried speaking French to practice it better, but they kept talking to me in English. C'est la vie i guess :p (ghasib bagool shay in French!)

U wont find problems inshallah :))

FourMe said...

this lady: I know many do speak english but I like french and I wanna speak it:/ basically btfalsaf :P and maybe i'll finally start my mission to learn it.

Yara said...

I dont like Paris.. i dont know why.. maybe coz re7tlaha during the very crowded summer season?
So ur studying bara? Ana 100% going to continue my masters next year bas still no idea where .. atmana London.. bs el moshkila im married o 3ndi baby

FourMe said...

yara: neither do I, I hate it and hate the parisians they are to0 stuck up and annoying.. For MA definatly do it in London its the right place for it.. allah ywafgich inshalla o you get to do the degree and I'm sure its hard cuz of your family but doing your MA is going to be an amazing experiance, its so different from a BA degree.

RainDrop said...

This reminds me of something.. hahaha.. My brothers and their algerian friend were in a taxi in vienna and they started swearing at the driver - in arabic - cuz he got lost and took them forever to go to where they wanted to go. The driver stopped at the side of the road, ordered them to step down and told the algerian to teach his "children" some manners.. he was Moroccan .. !!!